Magna Laboratories will be open on weekdays during normal office hours (8.30 am until 5.00 pm), except for the following:
- CLOSED on Monday 26th and Tuesday 27th December 2022 and Monday 02nd January 2023.
ZTAS will be open during the Christmas and New Year’s holiday season, the ZTAS office will be open on weekdays during normal office hours (8.30 am until 5.00 pm).
- CLOSED on Monday 26th 2022.
The ZTAS out-of-hours service will be available for any urgent matters on 0207 3655 842.
Routine blood sampling during the holiday period
- Blood sampling for 4-weekly patients should be scheduled to take place up until the 16th December 2022 and after Tuesday 03rd January 2023.
- There are potential Royal Mail strike dates around the Christmas period which could impact mail posted in the week before Christmas. Please check before posting if strike action could affect your posted samples. Even with the tracked 24-hour samples being prioritised there is no guarantee that the samples won’t be delayed.
- Clozapine Clinics may post blood samples as usual to the ZTAS Central Laboratories (Magna Labs) up until Tuesday 20th December (assuming industrial action by Royal Mail on the 23rd and 24th December). For more information on Royal Mail’s Christmas delivery schedule please see: http://www.royalmail.com/greetings and https://www.royalmail.com/latest-news for information on any industrial action.
- In the period between Wednesday 21st December 2022 and Tuesday 03rd January 2023 samples should NOT be posted via the Royal Mail. If you do not have a courier arrangement in place, it is strongly advised that during this period you have samples analysed at your local laboratory and the results manually entered onto ZTAS.
- From Tuesday 03rd January 2023, blood samples may be sent via Royal Mail as normal.
- For any patients requiring URGENT sampling, please use your local laboratory for analysis.
- The results of samples analysed by your local laboratory may be entered manually onto the ZTAS database or should be forwarded to ZTAS by fax (0207 3655 843) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) and will be entered onto ZTAS during the office hours as stated above.
- For PocHi sites, please note the above office closures. When the ZTAS office is closed, there will be no back-up assistance for your PocHi.
Pre-existing Courier Arrangements
- All sites that currently make use of a courier will be contacted directly by Magna Laboratories to confirm their needs/arrangements over the holiday period.
- There will be no courier collections made or deliveries sent out from Thursday 22rd December 2022 until Tuesday 3th January 2023.
- There will only be pick-ups in the week commencing Wednesday 28th December 2022 if pre-arranged via Magna Laboratories.
If you need any assistance or further information, please do not hesitate to contact the Magna Laboratories Office on telephone number 01989 763333 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org