Order by either:
fax: 01989 763533
Make sure you include your contact details and the address to send the items to. Please be sure to tell us how many of each item you would like and if you want kits specify if they are for Full Blood Count (FBC, routine monitoring, blue form) or Clozapine Assay (yellow form).
You can order both your consumables and labels on the website at Order Supplies.
Individual test request forms can be downloaded from the Download Forms page and for larger quantities of forms please visit the Consumable Request page or e-mail Magna Laboratories™.
We do not accept orders over the phone.
We aim to dispatch the order within 3 working days of receipt of order.
Additional Support Materials
Support materials provided in relation to Zaponex ™ patients, such as Patient Handbooks, the Information Guide for Healthcare Professionals and patient appointment cards can be requested by contacting ZTAS™ or Magna Laboratories™ by email:
Please specify how many of each item you would like and the name and address to send them to.
When sending blood samples certain criteria need to be meet;
- Handwritten forms and sample tubes are acceptable if we have 3 correct identifiers (e.g. first name, surname, DOB or ZTAS PIN number) which are legible.
- Clozapine Assay samples are recommended to be taken about 12hrs post dose to obtain a true trough level.
- Samples must be sent in a rigid transporter, this is to comply with UN3373 transport regulations. The rigid transporter greatly minimises the risk of blood tubes breaking in transit and includes absorbent material in the event of a leakage/breakage.
As well as correctly labelling the tube only the following tubes can be accepted;
- Purple top EDTA vacutainer or pink top monovette for both FBC and Clozapine assay.
- Serum (red top) or serum separated tubes (yellow top) for Clozapine Assay only.
Ideally one tube each for the FBC test and the Clozapine Assay, however a single tube and both forms would be accepted, and both can be sent together.
The window for testing the sample is:
- FBC up to 4 days old
- Clozapine Assay up to 7 days old
The stated processing time for each type samples starts on the day of receipt.
- All FBC results are reported on the day they are received
- Clozapine Assays reported within 3 working days from when they are received.
Reasons samples can be rejected include;
- Sample too old (>4 days old for FBC, >7 days old for Clozapine Assay).
- Sample unlabelled.
- Request form unlabelled, not completed or no request form sent
- Insufficient sample volume (minimum of 1mL for each test).
- Less than 3 correct patient identifiers on form and sample.
- Grossly haemolysed samples.
- FBC sample clotted.
- Incorrect blood tube
As outlined in the Information Pack the sampling kit has the following items:
- 2ml EDTA (purple top) blood tube
- Safety Needle holder
- Rigid transporter with built in absorbent material (for up to 3 samples)
- Request form
- Polybag (to put the above in)
- Magna self-addressed prepaid mailing bag.
Clozapine Assay request forms are Yellow
For FBC results for patients treated with Clozapine (Zaponex™) contact ZTAS:
Telephone 020 73655842 (option 1)
Clozapine assay results contact Magna Labs:
Telephone 01989 763333 or 020 73655842 (option 2)
Calls can be transferred between Magna Laboratories and ZTAS
Clinical Advice – Clozapine
Contact ZTAS for the Medical Information team: 020 73655842 (option 1)
Health Care Professionals (HCPs) can register with ZTAS to access the on-line BloodResults portal (bloodresult.co.uk) to access both FBC and Clozapine Assay results by contacting ZTAS via the phone or e-mail.
Changing Patients details
For all ZTAS™ patients any alteration to personal information or treatment information must be communicated first to ZTAS™. This can be done by:
Fax: 020 73655843
For all other patients any updates must be communicated to Magna Laboratories™. This can be done by:
Fax: 01989 763533
For accurate interpretation of results, the sample should be taken 12hrs after the last dose.
The courier service is an additional service provided for ZTAS™ clients who have meet certain conditions with regards to number of samples and frequency of collection.
If the courier service fails to make a collection within the prescribed time period, you must always telephone Magna Laboratories™ as soon as possible (before 16:30). Magna Laboratories™ will handle the query until it is resolved with the courier service.
- Contact Magna Laboratories™ on 01989 763333
- Samples that are waiting for collection can be stored at room temperature or in a pharmacy/laboratory type fridge (2 to 8 °C).
- If a courier collection is missed,
- The samples may be sent via Royal Mail in the pre-paid postal bags with the pre-printed Magna Laboratories™ address.
- The pickup can be rescheduled via Magna Laboratories™ for the following day.
If you think delivery of your samples has been delayed, you must always contact Magna Laboratories™ as soon as possible.
- Contact Magna Laboratories™ on 01989 763333
- The courier liaison will investigate when consignments are not delivered when expected and try to resolve the problem as soon as possible. They will keep Magna Laboratories™ informed of the situation, so we can advise the relevant health care provider as necessary.
- As far as possible Magna Laboratories™ will contact the relevant collection site if we find out that a collection from you has been delayed, so please keep us informed of your contact details.
Obligations of blood sampling sites using the courier service
- The collection site (you) must inform Magna Laboratories™ in good time of changes to collection dates required for national and local holidays.
- Blood sample tubes must be placed inside a rigid transporter and the transporter firmly closed before being placed in the addressed courier bag or postal bag. This is to comply with UN3373 transport regulations.
- The collection site must inform Magna Laboratories™ if your requirement for the service changes or is no longer required.
- The collection site must ensure Magna Laboratories™ is kept informed of current contact details for your site (principally telephone number), preferably with a named contact person and email address.